ESPN informed me that the Jets are now favored over the Patriots next week, and I have been told all day that the Jets are now the toast of the AFC East, and that Jets fans have every right to be thinking about the Super Bowl. (I suppose everybody, even the Dolphins have the right to think about the Super Bowl during the first two weeks of the season).
The Jets beat the Dolphins. The last time they didn't beat the Dolphins? 2005. Before that? Twice in 2003. The last team the Dolphins beat? The 2007 Baltimore Ravens, who finished 5-11 and began the year with a new coach (probably because the last one lost to the Dolphins). You have to go back to December 10th of 2006 to find another Dolphins victory (over New England). Since the beginning of the 2006 campaign, the Dolphins have lost 26 of 33 games to 15 different teams. Not exactly rarified air.
I realize that there is too much sports programming on television, radio, and the internet for all opinions expressed to be thoughtful, intelligent, or correct, but if I were a betting man, I'd take the Patriots and the points.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment