You would have a difficult time impersonating me to Yahoo in order to reset the password on my account. You might be able to find my birthday somewhere, if indeed I gave that information accurately when I signed up (I honestly don’t remember), but you won’t get the answer to my secret question, because that answer exists nowhere outside my head. If, by some miracle, you were to get my password (a key-tracking virus on my computer or something), you would find pictures of my family, chili recipes, and some emails about my fantasy football league.
You wouldn’t find emails about official Alaska state business.
Just to be clear, it's not as if Sarah Palin had a long-standing email (like mine) that she continued to use after she became governor. Unless she was really presumptious,
gov.palin@yahoo.com was set up after she started drawing per diems for sleeping and eating at home.
I am not interested in debating the legality and appropriateness of using nonpublic email to conduct state business here; hopefully one of these days a court will rule that such communication can be subpoenaed. But if George Bush and Dick Cheney want to use Blackberrys provided by the RNC in order to defeat transparency laws, at least it’s secure and encrypted. Sarah Palin protected state business with information that was found in 45 minutes of using “the Google”.
Remember that John McCain used his best judgment to choose a person with this quality of judgment to be heartbeat (or a stroke) away from the highest office in the land.
No comments:
Post a Comment